UCF11 Celsior - need help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gojira

gojira
  • State:New South Wales

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:08 PM

Hi guys,

I am newbie to toyota's and V8's as i just sold my R32 GTR and brought a UCF11 Celsior that needs a few things fixed. I've done several searches on the net to try and find the answers to my questions but any additional info/advice would be much appriciated.

Here is what i would like help with:

1. What year was my car built? (to help with the other Q's)

Found the answer, its a 1990

2. I need to replace my AC compressor. What are the differences between the 90-93 models? Would a UCF10 compressor be a direct fit?

I've removed the label from my current compressor but some of the numbers are faded/removed. The numbers i can make out are:

DENSO
10PA 447200-???
R134a ?? OIL

[attachment=25:04282009127.jpg]

I searched on a DENSO website i found the following model numbers:
1990-92 # 471-1219
1993-94 # 471-1162

These do not seem to match what i've got. Any ideas where i can source a cheap replacement compressor?

3. The speedo doesn't work. I believe its the sensor on the back of the gearbox (SP2) as the O/D OFF light flashes. The gearbox still changes gears normally. Is there a difference in the sensors between the year models? No local wreckers in townsville has them so i want to make sure i order the right part from a brisbane wrecker.

4. The tacho doesn't work properly. It sits dead (as low as the needle will go) while driving until you give it some. When the engine is high in the revs the needle only indicates around the 1,000-1,500 rpm mark. Is it most likely that the needle has slipped off the shaft and needs to be re-calibrated? or is it more of a sensor issue? What are the other possible causes?

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Tristan

#2 ant

ant
  • Car I drive:Holden Nova
  • Name:Ant
  • State:Western Australia

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

i cant really answer much but though id get the ball rolling a tad...

i dont see the year of manufacture on that plate of yours, i would have thought it would have been on the bottom line where is says Plant/Built. I would look at mine but my car is outside at the moment in the dark so when i bring it in the garage in a bit i can have a look on my Aristo plate. Aside from that though, your car must have had a year of manufacture when it was complied put onto the registration papers i would have thought, so maybe check those? Also sometimes they can trace the year of manufacture from the Chassis Code (Frame No.) or Engine Number (2nd plate you posted up, riveted on at compliance) so thats what the compliancer may have done. Or you could try ringing Toyota to find out.

On the AC Condenser, R134a is the generic A/C Gas. standard A/C gas stuff. so its the part number you want really. Maybe try going to a Coventrys or similar, or a Toyota dealership, and see if they can check the parts thing they have and match the partial part number.

i would say if the transmission is the same between year models then the sensors for the box are probably too. but i am not sure on that.

finally with the tacho they can actually sometimes wear out in the cluster itself. i had one on my 82 skyline like this, it didnt come alive till the revs had built up and died off quickly but i couldnt fix it without getting a new cluster (impossible to find). try taking it to an auto electrician and i am sure they could tell you what could cause it and how to test the connection on the cluster (which shouldnt be too hard to pull out to have a look at). You may need a new cluster.

sory i havent really answered things directly just trying to throw up some suggestions for you instead of your topic sitting here without answers!

If you arent on there already, try joining www.clublexus.com/forums as this is a huge American based forum with people from worldwide with a huge amount of site traffic and lots and lots of information on there separated by car model, i am CERTAIN you'll get some answers on there...

#3 gojira

gojira

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for the reply mate,

I worked out that it was built in May 1990 from this table:

http://jnc.farpost.c...amno/ucf11.html

I can now ring around and see what parts i can find.

#4 gojira

gojira

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

Jacked the car up to look at the speedo sensor. Which ones its it, A or B?

A located on the passenger side.

[attachment=33:04292009128.jpg]
[attachment=34:04292009130.jpg]

B located on the drivers side.

[attachment=35:04292009131.jpg]

Or is it something else?

#5 Phat-Customs

Phat-Customs

"If you are important, people will wait"

• 570 posts
    • Time Online: 8m 11s
  • Car I drive:2004 Camry
  • Name:Robert

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

Google is your friend, I googled and found a FULL workshop manual for my 89 cressida when I had it, so I dare say U could find something for ur Celsior as they are much more popular :-D

- CU-55-TM Camry - Build Thread Here -
Custom Centre Console Under Way... along with 75 other projects on the boil...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users